This department was established in the 1940s as a combined department of Dermatology, Dermato Venereology & Leprosy. The departments later separated into Dermatology and Venereology in 1956 and recombined in 2006. After AIIMS, New Delhi this is the first department to offer post graduate courses in Dermatology ( DD in 1964/ MD in 1967).
Recently with combined efforts of HOD & other faculty the department has acquired equipment like a FRACTIONAL CO2 LASER, CENTRIFUGE, RF CAUTERY MACHINE, IONTOPHORESIS, CHEMICAL PEELS and DERMABRADER machine.
As an integral part of postgraduate teaching & research programme there are many publications from the department which were published in various esteemed national and international journals. Multiple research projects are being done by the undergraduate students in the department under the guidance of HOD & other faculty.
|1||Dr.P. Guru Prasad, MD||Professor||Unit 1|
|2||Dr.T. Shanti, MD||Professor||Unit 2|
|3||Dr.D. Edukondala Rao, MD||Associate Professor||Unit 1|
|4||Dr.M.Parvathi, MD||Associate Professor||Unit 2|
|5||Dr. B.T.V.N.Raju,MD||Asst.Professor||Unit 1|
|6||Dr. K.S.Divya,MD||Asst.Professor||Unit 1|
|7||Dr. B.GayathriDevi,MD||Asst.Professor||Unit 1|
|8||Dr. Jahnavi,DDVL,DNB||Asst.Professor||Unit 1|
|9||Dr. B.Kinnera,MD||Asst.Professor||Unit 1|
|10||Dr. K.Sailaja,MD||Asst.Professor||Unit 2|
|11||Dr. PremSagar,MD||Asst.Professor||Unit 2|
|12||Dr. Kanthi,MD||Asst.Professor||Unit 2|