The aim of the study is to determine the diagnostic & prognostic significance of lung function tests in COPD & Cardiovascular Diseases.
1. To assess the status of lung function by pulmonary function tests in patients with COPD.
2. To assess the status of lung function by pulmonary function tests in patients more than 1 months Post MI cases.
3. To know the diagnostic & prognostic significance of lung function tests.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. To improve the prognosis of the disease in POST-MI (Cardiovascular disease patients).
2. To determine lung function and the frequency of exacerbations, thus reducing mortality in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients.
1. As the lung function is inversely associated with Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) and Cardiovascular Disease (CVD), we can evaluate the prospective association of reduced lung function by Spirometry in Coronary Heart Disease and Cardiovascular Disease patients, so that we can improve the prognosis of the disease.
2. By determining the association between lung function and exacerbation frequency in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients, mortality rate can be decreased.
3. Depending on the prognosis, modification of the therapy can be done.
MATERIALS & METHODS
TIME-TABLE / MILESTONES
STUDY PERIOD : May 2020 to April 2021.
This study will be done in two parts.
7- 12 months – Data analysis will be done in SPSS version 20. Report will be submitted for presentation.